Only one person will be permitted to enter the hospital with you on the day of your appointment and they must be over 18 years old. Please take note that someone may accompany you to the clinic/department ONLY if you:
- Are coming for a first appointment;
- Need help to get around;
- Need someone to translate for you;
- Need someone to help you understand information given to you;
- Arrive with the aid of a specialized transport service
- Are coming from a care centre;
- Must be accompanied as per our request.
Otherwise, the friend or family member accompanying you to your appointment must leave and return to pick you up at a specific time provided by the clinic.
Please tell the person coming with you that due to the pandemic, he or she should not have any symptoms of illness, that he or she will need to answer some questions, wear a mask and wash his or her hands when entering the hospital.
We are committed to continuing the quality of services you are used to while also ensuring that we respect public health guidelines. Therefore, we have made some changes to the way we care for patients with appointments:
- We ask that you arrive on time and not earlier for your appointment and that you leave the hospital when the appointment is completed;
- Screening desks, hand-sanitizing stations and social distancing adaptations have been added in many areas of the hospital;
- You must bring a mask with you and wear it at all times;
- To limit your movements within the hospital, we recommend that you bring snacks and drinks/refillable water bottle;
Exception for Oncology patients
For your first treatment or visit, someone may accompany you. You will receive a call 24 to 48 hours before your appointment to confirm and give you the necessary information for the appointment to go smoothly.You will be asked for your cell phone number to facilitate your visit, especially in the waiting room during your appointment—text message notifications will be sent to inform you of the start of your appointment or treatment.
Exception for Adult Opthalmology Clinic patients
Due to the space limitations at 5252 boul. De Maisonneuve Ouest, we request that patients only be accompanied if absolutely necessary. Our waiting areas are often full so the fewer patients who are accompanied the better for everyone's health and safety.