You have an appointment, a test or a treatment scheduled?
If you are scheduled to come to the hospital for an appointment, a test or a treatment, you will be called up to 24h prior to your appointment time.
- During the call, you will be informed if your appointment is postponed or maintained. You will be also be informed if your appointment will be in person, or over the phone.
- If you will be coming in person to the hospital for your appointment, you will be screened during the call for COVID symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, nasal congestion or runny nose.
- If your appointment is by phone, your doctor will call you on the day of your appointment, unless otherwise specified.
On the day of the appointment (if in person) :
- You must call back the clinic if you have one or more of the COVID symptoms.
- When you arrive at the hospital entrance, you will be asked again about COVID symptoms.
- If you answer yes to any of the questions, your physicians or health care professional will be consulted to establish:
- If your appointment is maintained or should be postponed
- If you should be tested for COVID
For your safety and the safety of our patients and staff, we count on your honesty when responding to our screening questions. This allows our staff to make the necessary arrangements to ensure everyone’s safety.
If you have not been called or have concerns about your coming appointment, please call the clinic directly.
Please note that calls may appear as “Non-ID” or ‘Private Caller’. It is important that your phone is programmed to receive such calls in order to receive a call from the hospital.
How to make your first appointment
Depending on the specialty or clinic, there are different ways to make a first appointment at the MUHC.
I was referred by my family doctor or general practitioner
Your doctor must send your request directly to the Centre de repartition des demandes de service (CRDS) for the following services:
- General surgery
- Internal medicine
- Vascular surgery
- Medical oncology
- Plastic surgery
I was referred by a specialist
- Allergy & Immunology
- Breast Center
- Cardiac Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine(RVH ONLY)
- Nephrology (RVH ONLY)
- Plastic surgery
- Tropical Medicine
- Vascular Surgery
To facilitate the processing of your referral, you must include the following information:
-first and last name
-date of birth
-medicare or health insurance information
-reason for consultation
-phone number(s) to be reached
-name and license number of your referring physician
Note: Referrals which are not intended to one of the specialties listed above OR are incomplete/illegible will be returned.
If you would like to book a follow up appointment or to cancel or reschedule any existing appointment in a clinic listed above, please call the appointment center at 514-934-8488.
Please note that you can ask for a follow-up appointment at the clinic reception, following your visit.
Clinics and services directory
Certain specialties manage their own appointments and are not integrated with the Appointment Center. Consult the clinic directory if you need to contact a department or send a referral from your specialist to a department that is not listed above.