How to get to the Glen site
To access the underground parking lot, follow the roadway that passes directly in front of the hospital entrances until you reach the STOP sign at the end of this road. Turn left, then immediately turn left again and follow the ramp down to the underground parking lot. The display boards provide up-to-the-minute information on the number of available parking spaces on each parking level (P1-P4).
Accessible via Decarie Blvd., the main parking lot is located below the main plaza at the Glen site
There are 38 handicapped spaces located on the P1 level.
The MUHC is proud to offer electric car parking spaces at the Glen site
- P1 (facing pediatric emergency entrance) = 7 spaces
- P2 (Sector 100) = 9 spaces
- P3A (near the Shriner’s entrance via underground parking) = 9 spaces
Passes are only valid for underground parking.
There are two exterior parking lots that are meant for quick visits to the hospital.
One is located directly across from the main entrance to the hospital. The second is located past the Cedars Cancer Centre at the entrance to the Research Institute. Payment can be made at the exit of the parking by credit card, at any one of the blue automated payment machines, or at the MUHC Parking Customer Service offices located on the RC level of the Glen.
Passes are not valid for the exterior parking.
Visitors may also drop off/pick up at the hospital main entrances or at the Emergency Department (for patients coming to the ED). Vehicles must then either park in the parking lot or leave the premises. All entrances, exits and roads must be free of vehicles for safety and security reasons.
If you are visiting the Emergency Department (ED), take the dedicated ramp that leads you directly to the front doors of the ED.
- Turn into the Glen site from Decarie Blvd. and follow the roadway to the front entrances of the hospital.
- Veer left at the red “URGENCE/EMERGENCY” sign and follow the circular driveway down to the underground parking lot. There are dedicated drop-off spaces for ED drop-off. Once the drop off is done, follow the signs to park in the general underground lot.
For the safety and security of the patients and their family, the speed limit on hospital grounds is 10km per hour.
All hospital location parking rates are the same with the exception of the Lachine Hospital. Discounted parking packages are offered to lessen the financial impact of frequent visits.
Rates change every April 1st according to a fee schedule established by the Government of Quebec.
|Less than 2 hours||Free|
A frequent user is an out-patient who often visits the hospital by car for their appointments or treatments a minimum of ten (10) times per month.
|Flexi 10 visits||$30.00|
Cash or by credit card
Automated payment machines on each P level
By debit card or credit card
Customer service Parking office on RC level
By credit card Visa or MasterCard
Barrier gate at exit (hourly parking only)
Royal Victoria Hospital main entrance
D RC.1000 (514) 934-1934, 32330
Montreal Children's Hospital main entrance
A RC. 1000 (514) 934-1934, 23427
Monday to Friday
7 a.m. to 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Glen site passes can be purchased at the parking customer service desk.
*These parking rates do not apply to staff.
**Certain conditions apply.
Where does parking money go?
As per government directives, our parking lots and services are self-financed. Parking revenues are used to repay the cost of construction, maintenance, staffing, etc. Any excess revenues go into the hospital operating budget in order to support patient care, including the purchase of hospital equipment, etc.
Other ways to get to the Glen site
STM's Paratransit service makes stops at three main entrances at the Glen site: the Royal Victoria Hospital, the Montreal Children's Hospital, and the Cedars Cancer Centre. Find out more at http://www.stm.info/en/para.
If you are arriving:
- by metro: Located on the Orange Line, the Vendôme station is next to the Glen site and is connected by a tunnel. The Vendôme station features elevators and a direct link to the hospital. For more info: stm.info/vendôme
- by bus: There are six buses that stop at Vendôme station (37, 90, 102, 104, 105, 124) and five that make frequent stops near the Glen site (17, 78, 63, 371, 420). Transport Adapté also offers three stops at Glen main entrances (Montreal Children's Hospital, Royal Victoria Hospital and Cedars Cancer Centre.
- by commuter trains: Vendôme station also connects to three commuter train lines: Saint-Jérôme, Candiac and Vaudreuil/Hudson.
Dedicated bike lanes surround the site and connect to the City of Montreal lanes situated on Décarie and De Maisonneuve boulevards. The Glen has numerous bike racks.