MUHC Office of the Ombudsman - Complaints Commissioner

Each site of the MUHC has an ombudsman to assist patients and their families by investigating and helping to resolve complaints or areas of dissatisfaction. Patients and families should first discuss their concerns with members of their healthcare team, but if the issue cannot be resolved, they are invited to contact the office of the ombudsman.

Doctors and staff members are invited to consult the Ombudsman when they have concerns about patients’ rights and/or care and services provided to patients and families. In addition, the law provides that staff members who want to lodge a complaint against a member of the CPDP (physician, resident, pharmacist or dentist) may do so through the MUHC Office of the Ombudsman.

What can we do?
  • provide information on the complaint process
  • assist patients and families to navigate the health care system
  • refer patients and their families to the appropriate person within the system
  • help those with questions related to patients’ rights or concerns about care and services
  • provide advice on conflict resolution for patients, families and hospital personnel
  • investigate patient complaints and provide conclusions
  • make recommendations to improve patient care following investigation of the complaint
You may reach the ombudsman
  [email protected]
  MUHC Office of the Ombudsman
1650 Cedar Room E6.164
Montreal, QC
H3G 1A4
514 934 1934
  • MUHC
    Lynne Casgrain, ext 48306
  • Montreal General Hospital
    Allan Memorial Institute
    Victoria Naday, ext 44285
  • Glen / Royal Victoria Hospital
    Lachine Hospital & Pavilion Camille Lefebvre

    Michael Bury, ext 35655
  • Glen / Montreal Children’s Hospital
    Glen / Montreal Chest Institute
    Montreal Neurological Hospital 

    Rayane Islambouli, ext 22223
Additional resources:


We are members of the Forum of Canadian Ombudsman (FCO). The FCO website ( explains in more detail what the role of an Ombudsman may be and provides links to other sites of interest.

For information concerning the Quebec complaints system you may wish to go to the site of the Protecteur du citoyen du Québec (