The McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) is a bilingual academic health network, and one of the largest and most modern in North America.
Each year, we:
- receive over 715,000 ambulatory visits, including 177,000 emergency department visits
- receive almost 40,000 inpatients yearly
- perform almost 35,000 surgeries
- deliver around 3,000 babies
Our team is made up of:
- 12,000 hospital staff
- 1,356 physicians, dentists, pharmacists and fellows
- 720 medical students
- 1,700 researchers, research students, postdoc and fellows
- 1,243 residents
- 1,500 volunteers
Our mandate is to provide tertiary and quaternary care to the population of Montreal and Quebec. In other words, care that requires hospitalization, complex surgery, emergency care or specialized treatment.
Montreal Neurological Hospital
Montreal General Hospital
Spread out over four hospitals in Montreal, we support seven clinical missions and offer over 70 specialty health services.
The Research Institute of the MUHC is an international research powerhouse with a worldwide reputation in the field of biomedical sciences and health care. Last year alone, we had:
- Ongoing research collaborations with 51 countries worldwide
- 1,800 peer-reviewed scientific publications
- 1,600 ongoing projects (including clinical trials and others)
- 185,105 research participants
Teaching and education
Affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine of McGill University, the MUHC cultivates an environment that allows students, postgraduate residents, and fellows to develop professionally while contributing to patient well-being. Every year, we welcome students from across the health spectrum into our hospitals, contributing to the next generation of healthcare providers.
RUIS McGill covers a large and varied territory of Quebec, stretching from Montreal to Nunavik in the far north – over half the province’s area. For more information, please read the RUIS-McGill page.
RUIS McGill Telehealth
Telehealth is a service that lets you consult a physician, nurse or other health professional remotely. For more information, please read the Telehealth page.