A patient’s medical file is a confidential document kept in the Medical Records Department. Medical Archivists ensure the disclosure of health information in accordance with the current laws and regulations in Québec.
Request for access to information is subject to certain exceptions under the Act: “a user's record is confidential and no one can access it except with the consent of the user or the person who can give consent on his or her behalf ...” (Act respecting health services and social services, article 19).
Should you require proof of a COVID-19 test result for attendance purposes, our Medical Records Department can provide it by email.
Please note that proof of the result is not the same as a confirmation of your result: please wait for a health professional to call and inform you of your result before contacting us.
For proof of your result:
- Please send an email to: [email protected]
- Please title the email "Request for proof of COVID-19 test result: First name Last name"
- Please include the name of you or your child, date of birth and medicare and hospital card numbers
A member of the Medical Records team will respond to you within 24 to 72 hours by email.
How to make a request
In order to obtain a copy of your medical file or your child medical file you must make a written request by filling out the following authorization form online,
This form can be sent by mail, fax, email at the following address [email protected]
You can fill out the form in person during the business hours of the hospital's Access to Health Information Office where you received health care.
Please include the following information (as indicated on the Authorization form) on your application so that it can be answered appropriately:
- Last name and first name of the patient;
- Date of birth;
- Hospital card number of the patient according to site;
- Health insurance card number;
- Your complete contact information (name, address, telephone number);
- The information required and the period covered;
- Last name and first name of recipient;
- Address of the recipient;
- Date and signature of the patient or the authorized person.
Who must sign the request?
- Patients under 14 years of age: the application must be signed by a parent or legal guardian.
- Patients 14 years and over: the application must be signed by the patient or legal guardian or mandatary.
Responding to your request
According to the Act respecting health services and social services, article 24: The institution must respond to a request for access as soon as possible.
Hospital contact information
Royal Victoria Hospital - Montreal Chest Institute (Glen Site)
CRC.7121 – 1001, boul. Décarie
Montréal (Québec) H4A 3J1
Tel. : 514 934-1934 ext. 31605
Fax : 514 843-2871
Montreal Children's Hospital (Glen Site)
CRC.7103 – 1001, boul. Décarie
Montréal (Québec) H4A 3J1
Tél. : 514 934-1934 ext. 24408
Téléc. : 514 412 4240
Montreal General Hospital
L6.120 - 1650 Cedar Avenue
Montréal (Québec) H3G 1A4
Tel. : 514 934-1934 ext. 42238
Fax. : 514 934-8213
Montreal Neurological Hospital
163 - 3801 University Street
Montréal (Québec) H3A 2B4
Tel. : 514 398-1901
Fax : 514 398-8467
2C3 - 650 16th Avenue
Montréal (Québec) H8S 3N5
Tel. : 514 637-2351 ext. 77232
Fax : 514 637-2285
Monday to Friday: 8:30 am to 3:30 pm
Monday to Friday: 8 am to 3:30 pm (Lachine Hospital)
Please note that the MUHC Access to Health Information Offices are closed on:
- Statutory holidays (Official Canadian observant days) and, exceptionally below:
- 2nd Monday each February
- 1st Monday each August
In accordance with the regulation respecting fees for the transcription, reproduction and transmission of documents and personal information, fees may be charged depending on the type of application and the number of documents desired by the patient/legal guardian/mandatary. This fee will be made clear upon request from the Medical Records Service.
For more information, please contact the Medical Records Department.