Make an appointment
To make an appointment with an MUHC specialist you must have been referred by your doctor. If you have a referral, there are different ways to make an appointment:
- I have a referral from my family doctor or general practitioner
- I have a referral from a specialist
- I have had an appointment with an MUHC specialist and need a follow-up appointment
If you do not have a referral, please ask your doctor for one or visit the Santé Montréal website to make an appointment with a physician who can give you a referral for an MUHC specialist.
Before your appointment
If you are scheduled to come to the hospital for an appointment, test or treatment, please note:
- When you arrive, you may be screened for flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, sore throat, nasal congestion, and runny nose. Patients exhibiting any of these symptoms will be asked to wear a mask and, in some areas, wait in a separate area until their scheduled appointment time.
- You can be accompanied to your appointment, but we ask that you only bring ONE person with you. Space is limited.
- Patients and visitors who are immunocompromised and/or coughing are encouraged to wear a mask while in hospital. Masks are available at hospital entrances.
During your appointment
We would like to inform you that masks are no longer mandatory in the hospital for patients and visitors. However, if you have infectious symptoms (e.g. fever, new or worsened cough or shortness of breath, sore throat, runny nose, new rash, diarrhea…) and your appointment cannot be postponed, we ask that you wear a mask during your visit and that you inform your healthcare provider.