Make an appointment
To make an appointment with an MUHC specialist you must have been referred by your doctor. If you have a referral, there are different ways to make an appointment:
- I have a referral from my family doctor or general practitioner
- I have a referral from a specialist
- I have had an appointment with an MUHC specialist and need a follow-up appointment
If you do not have a referral, please ask your doctor for one or visit the Santé Montréal website to make an appointment with a physician who can give you a referral for an MUHC specialist.
Before your appointment
If you are scheduled to come to the hospital for an appointment, a test or a treatment, you will receive a call 1 to 14 days before your appointment.
- You will be screened during the call for COVID symptoms.
- You will also be informed if your appointment is postponed or maintained. You will be also be informed if your appointment will be in person, or over the phone.
- If your appointment is maintained, you will be informed if it will take place in person, over the phone or via visio conference. If your appointment is by phone or visio, your doctor will call you on the day of your appointment, unless otherwise specified.
Please note that calls may appear as “Non-ID” or ‘Private Caller’. It is important that your phone is programmed to receive such calls in order to receive a call from the hospital.
During your appointment
We ask you to arrive on time (not earlier) for your appointment, and to leave the hospital when your appointment is over.
You will be expected to wear a mask and maintain a social distance of 2 metres (6 feet) from other people as much as possible.