The Orthopedics Surgery Division is based at the Montreal General Hospital, which houses one of Quebec’s busiest Level I Trauma Centres, a Supra-Regional Centre for Musculoskeletal (MSK) Oncology and serves the professional athletes of three world class sports teams.
The use of state-of-the-art technology and development of expertise in minimally invasive orthopedic procedures for joint (arthroplasty), sports and spine surgery has resulted in new patentable technology, and in the publication of numerous articles and reviews.
MUHC Orthopedics is the only Quebec program that combines:
- a tertiary trauma mission,
- regional leadership in Musculoskeletal Oncology,
- a leading orthopedic residency training program,
- a pediatric to adult transition service,
- services to professional Montreal athletes, notably in ice hockey and football.
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Hand Surgery
- Limb Lenghtening
- MSK Research
- Orthopedic Oncology
- Orthopedic Trauma
- Spine Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Upper Extremity
Learn about our achievements in research.