Welcome to the MUHC Patients' Committee
The MUHC Patients' Committee (or MUHC Users' Committee) is legally mandated by the Quebec Ministry of Health (Article 209 of An Act Respecting Health Services and Social Services).
Read our 2017 - 2018 Annual Report
Together we can make a difference!
We are a dedicated group of elected patient representatives who are here to help those who use the MUHC hospitals, clinics and services.
We can help you to:
- understand your rights as a patient (also known as a “user”)
- fill out forms
- file complaints
- get information you need, and many other matters.
What we do:
- Listen to patients and meet on a monthly basis to discuss the relevant issues;
- Represent patients on many committees at the hospital and have representation on the MUHC Board of Directors;
- Maintain a link with the administrative officers of the MUHC;
- Help improve the quality of healthcare services;
- Help improve the environmental conditions of the hospital;
- Monitor the quality of the living conditions of inpatients;
- Deal with issues such as patient safety, infection control, patient communication, etc.;
- Conduct patient satisfaction surveys.