MUHC Memo regarding the Situation at the Montreal Neurological Hospital
- The Montreal Neurological Hospital (The Neuro) of the McGill University Health Centre has an outbreak of confirmed COVID-19 cases: 7 people who work at The Neuro have tested positive over the last few days.
- The Government of Quebec’s Public Health authorities have been informed.
- Until further notice, new admissions to The Neuro have been stopped.
- Further, in conformity with the COVID-19 protocols established by Public Health:
- Patients who might have been in contact with infected personnel have been put into isolation;
- Human Resources and Infection Control and Prevention teams are conducting an epidemiological investigation to trace all close contact with infected personnel. The objective is to ask all traced persons to isolate immediately and to test them if they develop symptoms as soon as possible.
- The Neuro is following to the letter the hygiene measures to reduce to the extent possible internal transmission.
- The MUHC is working together with the entire network of healthcare establishments in Montreal, in particular with the CHUM, which is currently receiving patients who have urgent neurovascular and neurosurgical needs.