We're hiring Medical Technologists
A key role in our lab
At the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC), the practice of Medical Technologists is at the cutting edge of their profession. Our laboratories are equipped with state-of-the-art technology and offer immediate computerized access to all test results. Our Medical technologists perform within a stimulating university work environment where professional training and development activities are strongly encouraged.
- 90% Performs a variety of analytical examinations or technical work on biological specimens to assist in making a medical diagnosis or for research purposes
- 5% Participates in Quality Assessment and Quality Improvement Initiatives
- 5% Assists in the teaching of student interns and new technologists
Why work at Optilab Montréal - MUHC
Our multidisciplinary team at Optilab Montreal-MUHC works with ultra-modern equipment in covering all clinical lab specialties (Central Lab, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Pathology, Cytology, Hematology). We offer a variety of career path possibilities, professional development and continuing education, as well as an employee recognition program.
- Flexibility of work locations depending on where you live:
- Glen Site
- Lakeshore General Hospital
- Jewish General Hospital
- Montreal General Hospital
- Lachine Hospital
- St-Mary’s Hospital
- LaSalle Hospital
- Val-d’Or Hospital
- Rouyn-Noranda Hospital
- Amos Hospital
- Service point of Témiscaming-et-de-Kipawa
- CLSC de Senneterre
- Centre de soins de courte durée La Sarre (CSCD)
- Pavillon Sainte-Famille (CISSS de l'Abitibi-Témiscamamingue)
- Flexibility of day, evening, night shift and alternate weekends
What are the job requirements
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC) in Biomedical Analysis Technology from a school recognized by the appropriate ministry.
- Member of the Ordre professionnel des technologistes médicaux du Québec.
- French and English, spoken and written