COVID-19 Outbreak at the Lachine Hospital - November 23rd update
On Sunday, November 22, an outbreak of COVID-19 was confirmed on the 5th floor of the Lachine Hospital, and admissions were halted on that floor. As a result, we are asking the public not to go to the emergency department of this hospital. Ambulatory activities (outpatient clinics, consultations with specialists, radiology exams, blood samples, etc.) are also cancelled until further notice.
Lachine Hospital has a confirmed outbreak of COVID-19:
- Thirteen patients tested positive on the 5th floor care unit and in the Intensive Care Unit on the same floor.
- Two healthcare workers have tested positive to date.
- An investigation is underway to determine the likely sources of the outbreak and potential transmissions.
Public health authorities have been informed and the following actions were taken:
- All admissions to the 5th floor of the Lachine Hospital are suspended until the outbreak is under control.
- All patients who may have been exposed to the infected individuals are under preventative isolation and will be actively monitored for symptoms. Periodic screening will be conducted following exposure.
- All healthcare workers exposed to positive patients have been tested.
- Infection control officers are present to ensure that all measures are followed.
- In accordance with established COVID-19 protocols, the Infection Prevention and Control (ICP) department and human resources teams will conduct an epidemiological investigation to trace close contacts of infected persons.
Emergency Measures Coordination Centre – November 23