We're hiring nurses
Do you want to be at the heart of the action?
Are you a dynamic person wanting to make a difference? We want to hear from you!
As part of the nursing team at the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC), you'll work in an enriching environment where your input is valued and your autonomy is recognized. Our nurses take on many different roles in our multidisciplinary teams, each with their own challenges and specific skill sets.
What will you be doing? This is how the majority of MUHC nurses typically divide their time:
- 75% Providing nursing care to patients
- 10% Assuming responsibility for unit management of his/her care areas
- 10% Acting as a teaching resource for colleagues and other members of the health care team
- 5% Participating in unit and departmental committees
Don't take our word for it. Here is a testimonial from one of our nurses at the Neuro:
Why work at the MUHC?
The MUHC offers exceptional quality, patient-centred, multidisciplinary care in a bilingual environment. Affiliated with the Faculty of Medicine of McGill University, the MUHC contributes to the evolution of pediatric and adult medicine by attracting clinical and scientific luminaries from around the world, evaluating cutting-edge medical technologies, and training tomorrow's healthcare professionals.
- Positions available as Clinical Nurse, Auxiliary Nurse, Nurse Practitioner and Operating Room Nurse
- Permanent positions
- Attractive rotation schedules (8- or 12- hour shifts, full or part time)
- You could work at one of these locations:
- Glen site
- Lachine Hospital
- Montreal General Hospital
- The Neuro (Montreal Neurological Institute-Hospital)
- Choose a speciality that suits your interests
- Mentoring with clinical advisors is an established practice