Public Funding for IVF Treatments
We are excited to learn that the Quebec Government is about to table a new Law, that will provide some public funding for IVF treatments. At the moment we are waiting for details from the Government before we are able to start offering funded treatment. We do not anticipate public funding for IVF before 2021, and will update our website as soon as the funding changes are in place. For now, our usual fees remain but we do look forward to caring for you in the near future. Thank you for your interest and collaboration.
Preventive measures necessary for your safety and that of our staff will be respected.
New safety rules in effect
Patients experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are asked to call the Centre prior to presenting themselves to an appointment for individual assessment and recommendations.
Before coming to the Reproductive Centre:
- All patients must wear a mask; you must to bring your own;
- Social distancing rules will apply in the waiting areas. To ensure everyone’s safety, please arrive on time to your clinic visit (no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your timed appointment).
Who can accompany you?
No children, visitors or accompanying individuals are permitted. You may be accompanied by a spouse or another adult on the day of your appointment ONLY if you:
- are an oncology patient;
- are coming for an egg collection;
- need help to get around;
- need someone to translate for you;
- must be accompanied as per our request.
Upon arrival at the Reproductive Centre:
- You will be required to wash your hands with disinfectant when you enter.
- You will be required to complete a COVID-19 symptom screening questionnaire prior to treatment and as well as sign a waiver.
- You will be asked to register at the reception desk.
Please note that we are currently experiencing a high volume of calls, so there may be a short delay before we can answer you. Rest assured that we will confirm your appointments and return your calls and emails as soon as possible.
Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to your visit.
Building Families—One Baby at a Time
Since the development of fertility treatments, the McGill University Health Centre’s Reproductive Centre has been at the forefront of helping couples have children. At the MUHC Reproductive Centre we have been creating families for over 20 years and continue to provide outstanding and compassionate care in a safe and professional environment.
The MUHC Reproductive Centre is not a for-profit enterprise and therefore charges less than private clinics.
Current wait time to start an IVF treatment is less than 1 month
To schedule a first appointment with a fertility specialist, please contact our call centre:
Telephone : 514 843-1650
Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
E-mail: [email protected]
- Information Package for New Patients
- Treatment Information Sheets
- Medications and Instruction sheets for injections
- Tax Credit for the Treatment of Infertility Form
- Counselling and Support
Our multidisciplinary team of world-renowned fertility specialists is unique and professionals work closely with each family to provide compassionate care through a personalized treatment plan.
By bringing together clinical and research specialists from every discipline we ensure that each couple has the expertise and support it needs to become pregnant and bring their baby home from the hospital.
We are committed to helping our patients find the best treatment option available based on their specific medical needs. We believe this approach to be essential to ensuring the best chance of achieving pregnancy.
Fees have been broken down according to treatment options. You may require one or several of these options, depending on your situation. Your physician will discuss with you the treatment options that are best for you.
MUHC Reproductive Centre
888, Blvd. de Maisonneuve East,
Montreal, QC H2L 4S8