Welcome to the MUHC Patients' Committee
The MUHC Patients' Committee (or MUHC Users' Committee) is legally mandated by the Quebec Ministry of Health (Article 209 of An Act Respecting Health Services and Social Services).
Together we can make a difference!
We are a dedicated group of elected patient representatives who are here to help those who use the MUHC hospitals, clinics and services.
We can help you to:
- understand your rights as a patient (also known as a “user”)
- file complaints
- obtain information you need, and much more.
What we do:
- Listen to patients and meet on a monthly basis to discuss the relevant issues;
- Represent patients on many committees at the hospital and have representation on the MUHC Board of Directors;
- Maintain a link with the administrative officers of the MUHC;
- Help improve the quality of healthcare services;
- Help improve the environmental conditions of the hospital;
- Monitor the quality of the living conditions of inpatients;
- Deal with issues such as patient safety, infection control, patient communication, etc.;
- Conduct patient satisfaction surveys.
To comply with the instructions of the Health Ministry and the MUHC, and to ensure the safety of its volunteer members, the Users'/Patients' Committee has decided to suspend its in-person meetings and to close the doors of its office until further notice.
However, the Users'/Patients' Committee remains very active during the pandemic in order to answer questions from patients and ensure the protection of patients' rights.
Patients can therefore reach usat 514-934-1934, ext. 31968,
or write to us at [email protected].
We're here for you!