The Ophthalmology Division treats patients with complex ophthalmological problems, performing advanced diagnostic minor and major surgical procedures, teaching and conducting clinical research.
Our services include the diagnosis and treatment of general conditions such as cataracts, as well as other sub-specialties.
Patient services are organized into ophthalmic sub-specialties as follows:
- Adnexal – for treatments for the accessories or anatomical parts attached to the eyeball, such as the eyelids, extraocular muscles, orbit and lacrimal glands
- Anterior segment – for conditions relating to the front third of the eyeball, including the cornea, iris and lens
- Medical and surgical retina – for conditions at the back of the eye, which are treated medically or surgically using drugs, eye drops, lasers or surgeries
- Ocular Immunology
- Ophthalmic genetics and inherited eye disease
- Trauma and emergency
- Vitreoretinal surgery – for conditions of the back of the eye that require surgical interventions, including retinal detachment