COVID-19: outbreak on the 15th floor of the Montreal General Hospital
The 15th floor of the Montreal General Hospital (MGH) is experiencing an outbreak of confirmed cases of COVID-19.
- Four patients have been declared positive
- Three healthcare workers have been confirmed positive
Public health authorities have been notified, and the following measures have been taken:
- All admissions to the 15th floor are suspended until the outbreak is under control
- All patients who may have been exposed to infected individuals placed in protective isolation and actively monitored for symptoms.
- All admitted patients on MGH15 will be tested following exposure.
- All healthcare workers on the 15th floor will be tested for COVID-19 this week.
- Healthcare teams are strictly following infection control measures to reduce internal transmission.
- In accordance with COVID-19 protocols, the Infection Prevention and Control (ICP) department and Human Resources teams are conducting an epidemiological investigation to trace close contacts of infected individuals.
- Infection Control delegates will be on the unit to ensure respect of infection control measures
- Visits have been suspended except for exceptional cases.
Emergency Measures Coordination Centre