MUHC At a Glance
McGill University Health Centre at a Glance
The McGill University Health Centre (MUHC) is a bilingual academic health network, and one of the largest and most modern in North America.
Each year, we:
- receive over 715,000 ambulatory visits, including 177,000 emergency department visits
- receive almost 40,000 inpatients yearly
- perform almost 35,000 surgeries
- deliver close over 3,000 babies
Voted a Montreal Top 15 Employer for the past six years, our team is made up of:
- 12,000 nurses and hospital staff
- 1,587 physicians, dentists and pharmacists
- 2,100 research staff
- 550 researchers
- 1,200 graduate and post-doctoral students
- Over 2,200 volunteers
Our mandate is to provide tertiary and quaternary care to the population of Montreal and Quebec. In other words, care that requires hospitalization, complex surgery, emergency care or specialized treatment. If you are unsure where to go for care, find out more here.