You might have COPD if...
…you have a history of exposure to risk factors for the disease.
- Smoking cigarettes or other forms of tobacco—or even passive smoking.
- Dusts and chemicals breathed in on the job.
- Smoke from wood or other biomass fuel used for cooking and heating indoors.
…you are older than 40 years.
…you have symptoms of COPD.
- A cough that won’t go away.
- Bringing up phlegm or mucus when you cough.
- Getting out of breath when you do physical activity, including:
- Walking up a flight of stairs
- Walking the dog
- Getting washed and dressed.
Get help for COPD! A simple breathing test called spirometry can help diagnose COPD. If you have COPD, there are treatments that can help you feel better.
It’s not too late to get help for COPD!