Stay connected with a patient during the COVID-19 pandemic
Patient and Family Communication Assistance Service
In order to assist hospitalized patients who do not have access to a personal electronic device or are unable to use their electronic device, the MUHC has launched a Communication Assistance Service. A dedicated team of employees is available to help patients connect with their loved ones using a hospital tablet or telephone. This call assistance service is available on all adult patient care units across the MUHC (Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal Chest Institute, Montreal General Hospital, Montreal Neurological Hospital and Lachine Hospital).
If you want to contact your loved one via the use of an electronic device, please call one of the numbers below and request an audio or video call. Be prepared to provide the following information: patient name and hospital/unit where they are admitted. It is possible to leave a message.
Lachine Hospital: (514) 637-2351 ext. 77170
All other Hospitals: (514)934-1934 ext. 34827
- The Communication Assistance Service is available Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Please note that there will be a delay of 24 to 48h between the time you make the request and the time the call is set up.
- Given available resources, calls are limited at this time to 1 or 2 per patient per week.
- Calls are limited to 15 minutes.
- To facilitate video call set up, we recommend that you install one of these Apps on your electronic device: WhatsApp or Google Duo. If you need assistance with application setup, let us know so that we can assist you.
- If you are planning to do a video call, it is best to connect to your home Wi-Fi, as this feature uses data.