Message to patients and their loved ones: Staying connected with patients during the COVID-19 pandemic
To control the spread of COVID-19 and protect our vulnerable patients, we have temporarily restricted visits to our hospitals. We understand how difficult this is for our patients and their loved ones. For that reason, we have put together this guide on how to stay connected to patients, and our healthcare teams, during this difficult time.
For patients who are being treated in one of our Emergency Departments
To contact the healthcare team, dial 514 934-1934 followed by the extension for the specific hospital:
- Lachine Hospital Emergency – extension 77101
- Montreal General Hospital Emergency – extension 48090
- Montreal Neurological Hospital – extension 881921
- Royal Victoria Hospital Emergency – extension 31610
For patients who are admitted
To call the telephone in a patient’s room dial 514 934-1934:
- Press 3
- Ask the operator for the room number
- Note: Patients can also call out using the phone in the room or use their own cell phone.
To contact the patient care unit dial 514 934-1934:
- Press 3
- Ask to be connected to the patient's care unit
- Note: It is best not to call from 7:30 am to 8:30 am or from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm. During those times, staff is changing shifts. We also ask that families designate one person to act as spokesperson.
We welcome your calls!