ADVANTAGES OF rTMS
- Highly effective (based on results of clinical research)
- Minimal side effects
- Quick onset of therapeutic effect
- Painless procedure
- No anaesthesia required
- Outpatient therapy
- rTMS therapy may be applied with or without medication
Most patients tend to be aware of the therapeutic benefit in the second week of treatment (after 14-20 sessions).
- Typically, results become noticeable within two weeks from the beginning of the rTMS treatment.
- Late-responders may require additional sessions to achieve significant symptom reduction. During and following acute therapy, results will be continuously assessed.
- Patients may return for maintenance therapy after approximately 6-12 months. This time frame varies between patients.
- Maintenance entails half the number of rTMS sessions that were originally completed (typically two weeks of therapy = 10 treatment sessions).
- We encourage patients to contact their physician immediately should symptoms recur. The rTMSMUHC staff will do its best to promptly accommodate needed appointments.