Code Red at the Glen site (Research Institute of the MUHC)
A Code Red was launched at the Research Institute of the MUHC - Glen site at 9:20 a.m. after a fire started in a dryer.
The smoke from the fire set off sprinklers, which caused flooding in Bloc E. The entire building was evacuated as a precaution, and the Fire Department was called to the site to ensure the situation was under control. No one was injured during the incident, and the areas affected are still being assessed.
Bloc E is now partially reopened. The situation is under control.
Updates will follow.
Department of Communications, MUHC