Street closures - Tour de Nuit Friday, August 27 and Tour de l’Île Sunday, August 29
Please note that during the Festival Go Vélo, many street closures around MUHC facilities are expected. Several emergency bridges have been identified by Urgences-Santé to ensure access to emergency services at all times. Access has also been provided for employees during the following activities:
- Tour de Nuit - Friday, August 27
- Tour de l'Île - Sunday, August 29
To plan your movements during this weekend, please consult the Portail Santé Montréal: https://santemontreal.qc.ca/accesetablissements
NOTE: Due to COVID-19, the format of these two events has changed significantly. There will be no single start or finish point. Instead, there will be multiple start and finish points and participants will be able to choose their entry or exit point. In other words, there will be several groups of people running at the same time at different levels of the course.
New this year, Vélo-Québec will launch an interactive map via the WAZE app to provide real-time routes. In order to plan a route, you must use the following link, which will take you to the map in real time. : https://www.waze.com/en/live-map
- Once in the map, you enter the desired destinations
- You change the arrival date.
- You can then share the itinerary, save it or send it on the application.
You can also do this using the WAZE app:
- Open Waze, then tap Search.
- Tap the Scheduled tab.
- Touch Add Trip.
- Search for your destination in the search bar.
- Select the time and date you want to arrive at your destination, and then press Save.
The planning will then be saved, but you will not have access to a visual route. Waze aims to give the most accurate route possible in real time, taking into account all the obstacles on the road. This is why it does not give a route in advance because the route could be totally different on the day and could mislead the driver.
You can check all closures via Waze.
- To see the map of the Tour la Nuit on Waze, click here
- To see the map of the Tour de l’Île on Waze, click here
During events, the real-time map will reflect street closures and traffic.