The Respiratory Division at the MUHC treats and supports patients with lung and breathing problems at all three of the hospital’s sites.
The Montreal Chest Institute (MCI), located at the Glen site, is a centre of clinical, research, and teaching expertise in respiratory diseases. We provide highly specialized programs for:
- cystic fibrosis
- interstitial lung diseases
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- pulmonary rehabilitation
- sleep apnea testing and treatment
- rapid investigation for suspected lung cancer and other respiratory problems
- neuromuscular disorders affecting respiration, including the Québec National Program for Home Ventilatory Assistance
- standard and advanced pulmonary function testing, including exercise testing
The Respiratory Day Hospital at the MCI offers an emergency drop-in and treatment service for acutely ill respiratory patients. It also provides a one-stop location for a full range of complex tests and procedures, including:
- endobronchial ultrasound
- medical thoracoscopy
- ultrasound-guided insertion of indwelling pleural catheters
At the MCI, we care for patients with acute and chronic respiratory diseases. Our respiratory intensive care unit (ICU) specializes in weaning patients from mechanical ventilation, and in non-invasive ventilation for acute respiratory failure.
At the Montreal General Hospital, we provide specialized clinics in asthma, interstitial and occupational lung diseases, as well as extensive clinics in general respirology. We offer standard pulmonary function testing and bronchoscopy.
At the Lachine Hospital, we offer general respirology clinics, with a focus on COPD and asthma. We also support the respiratory care of patients receiving long-term mechanical ventilation at Pavillon Camille-Lefebvre.
On all MUHC sites, we work closely with the emergency departments, the inpatient wards, and the intensive care units.
1001 boul. Decarie DRC.3114
Montreal, QC, H4A 3J1
Montreal General Hospital
1650 Cedar Ave.
Montreal, QC, H3G 1A4
650 16e Avenue
Lachine, QC, H8S 3N5
Phone: 514-934-1934 ext: 77151