The Dermatology Division is recognized for its strong commitment to patient care. As the population ages and life expectancy increases, skin malignancies and serious dermatologic diseases become more common. For example, the risk of developing malignant melanoma has been estimated at 1 in 60 individuals.
- Contact Dermatitis
- Cutaneous Problems in Organ Transplant Recipients
- Cutaneous Ulcer Clinic
- Moh’s Micrographic Surgery
- Phototherapy and Photodynamic Therapy
The Dermatology Division has developed specialized dermatology clinics:
- The Contact Dermatitis Clinic is unique to the province of Quebec and has the expertise to investigate complex work-place cases. It is the province’s only facility that can prepare non-standard allergens from the workplace.
- The Leg Ulcer Clinic treats severe, chronic ulcers that require elaborate dressings, and serves the Greater Montreal community
The Division has established regional dermatology coverage in Rouyn-Noranda, a western Quebec mining centre, and we have developed a protocol to answer queries and consultations from physicians in the outlying regions of the McGill RUIS territory. Some members of our Division serve as guest lecturers or examiners in Kuwait.
Division members have published scientific articles dealing with clinical, epidemiological and fundamental research. These publications extend the influence of the MUHC outside of Quebec. The Division’s researchers have also created relationships with other MUHC Divisions and Departments, such as Plastic Surgery and Ophthalmology, and with the Harvard Skin Disease Research Center.
The Division is also known for its teaching strengths. Having a high volume of patients from diverse ethnic background, it has trained highly capable Canadian and foreign clinical dermatologists, many of whom are now renowned experts whose activities contribute to the reputation of the MUHC and McGill University.
Glen site – Royal Victoria Hospital
1001 boul. Décarie
Montreal, QC, H4A 3J1
Phone: 514 934-8267
Montreal General Hospital
1650 Cedar Ave.
Room L8 210
Montreal, QC, H3G 1A4
Phone: 514 934-8008
Fax: 514 934-8520