The Division provides:
- in-patient and out-patient consultation services in adult general nephrology and hypertension,
- hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis programs.
Kidney and kidney-pancreas transplantation are provided at the Royal Victoria Hospital - Glen site.
The Division has provided a full spectrum of clinical services in nephrology, dialysis and transplantation.
Members of the Division have been involved in innovative aspects of dialysis care, including:
- self-care dialysis
- home nocturnal hemodialysis
- implementation of a hemodialysis exercise program.
Nephrology runs several multidisciplinary specialty clinics in the areas of:
- kidney stones
- lupus nephritis
- pediatric to adult transition care.
There is an active kidney and kidney-pancreas transplant program that emphasizes living-related kidney donation.
General Nephrology and Nephrology Specialty Clinics
- Advanced chronic kidney disease and pre-dialysis
- Kidney stones
- Complex hypertension
- Systemic lupus erythematosus and kidney disease
- Kidney disease in pregnancy
- Pediatric to adult kidney disease transition care
- Renal failure in native populations
- Kidney biopsy
- Acute, conventional, on-line hemodiafiltration
- Hemodialysis exercice program
- Continuous renal replacement therapy
- Vascular access planning
- Noctural home hemodialysis
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Peritoneoscopic insertion of peritoneal dialysis catheters
Satellite Hemodialysis and TeleNephrology
- Pre-transplant evaluation
- Peri-transplant management
- Long-term follow up
- Allograft biopsy
- Evaluation of donors
- Paired exchange
- Recipient desensitization protocols