Choosing to work at the MUHC is all about finding that life-work balance
For Allison that means having a schedule that allows her to be an extra on movie shoots here in Montreal. She enjoys the atmosphere on set, and it’s a big change from the intensity of working in the Emergency Department. When asked why she likes working with us, this is what she had to say:
What I enjoy the most is that they actually care about furthering your education. They provide refresher courses so that when you start in a new department, you feel welcomed and at ease in your new journey. When I first started in Emergency I was really afraid, but the educator cared about my concerns and reassured me during my training period. I’ve been there for almost three years now, and I couldn’t be happier with the knowledge that I have gained!
What sets us apart…
- Nurses are valued and respected
- Nurses are an integral member of multidisciplinary teams
Perks for total well being
- Discounts at fitness clubs
- Inexpensive downtown parking
- Access to daycare services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Recognition Program
Opportunities to grow professionally
- An innovative program offering new nurses team-based support to launch a successful career
- Continuing education
- Bursaries that will cover your tuition
- No forced overtime
- The choice of 8- and 12-hour shifts
- 50% day shifts guaranteed
The MUHC offers exceptional quality, patient-centered, complex multidisciplinary care in a bilingual environment. Affiliated with McGill University, the MUHC contributes to the evolution of knowledge and best practice guidelines to ensure best care for life!
We care for patients ranging from newborns to seniors—we cover the lifespan.
- Choose from the many specialties and ultra-specialties that are available in our hospitals
- Transfer from one hospital to another and preserve your seniority.
Choose the specialty that matches your interests…we have positions available in all our missions across all our sites…
- Glen site – adult and pediatric care
- Lachine Hospital
- Montreal General Hospital
- Montreal Neurological Hospital
Our specialities are divided into seven missions:
- Women’s Health
- Mental Health