Choosing to work at the MUHC is all about finding that life-work balance
For Pascale, that means pursuing creative writing and artmaking. Pascale is a medical imaging technologist specializing in ultrasound, as well as a self-published children’s author. She hopes that her book will help families who are going through challenging times. When asked why she likes working at the MUHC, Pascale said this:
Ultrasound Technologists play a significant role in patients’ pregnancy journeys. Now more than ever, I understand and empathize with patients going through medical challenges as I’ve been through them myself. I’ve been passionate about obstetrical ultrasound since the day I set eyes on my first fetus. At the MUHC, I’ve gained a high level of expertise on fetal anomalies. What I enjoy most about my job is the close contact developed with patients who are followed frequently in our tertiary centre.
I never set out to become an author, but it’s one of the most meaningful things I have ever done. I think that being passionate and creative outside of work allows me to remain motivated within my career.
What sets us apart
- Teams of technologists who are motivated, passionate and, above all, curious
- A work environment that's collaborative and multidisciplinary
- Opportunities to discover and learn new things every day
- The capacity to practice in a variety of specialties
- We use the most recent equipment and technologies
- The possibility of professional movement and development within the medical imaging field
- Working in a bilingual environment, English and French
- Patient care is the driving force behind our work and our excellence in patient care
- A stimulating academic work environment where training and professional development activities are strongly encouraged
- Flexible working hours that favour a work-life balance
The MUHC offers exceptional quality, patient-centered, complex multidisciplinary care in a bilingual environment. Affiliated with McGill University, the MUHC contributes to the evolution of knowledge and best practice guidelines, providing the best evidence-based care for life!
- Orientation for the newly hired employees
- Dynamic university environment with all the specialties
- Ultra-modern equipment
- Multidisciplinary team
- Employee recognition program
Opportunities to grow professionally
- Continuing education and training (activities, conferences)
- Choose from many specialties offered in our hospitals
- Transfer your position from one hospital to another without losing your seniority and accumulated benefits, such as vacation time and sick days.
Work in pediatrics at the Montreal Children's Hospital or venture into adult care at the Royal Victoria Hospital, the Montreal General Hospital, the Montreal Neurological Hospital, or the Lachine Hospital and Camille-Lefebvre long-term care facility.
Choose the specialty that matches what you’re looking for and join our friendly and passionate team.