Proof of vaccination
In Québec, when you get vaccinated, you are given a proof of vaccination. It is usually documented in your vaccination record or submitted in paper format. This applies to all vaccines, including COVID-19 vaccines.
For the COVID-19 vaccination campaign, you also receive, after each of your doses, by e-mail or text message the digital proof of vaccination if you provided the following information when you made an online appointment.
You will then receive automatically, within a few days of your vaccination, an e-mail message or a text message notifying you that your digital proof of vaccination is available. Instructions for downloading it will be provided in the message.
If have you not received the e-mail or text message, please visit the self-service portal to receive your proof of vaccination.
Find out more about the proof of vaccination.
Vaccine passports were introduced in Québec on September 1, 2021.
With a vaccine passport, people age 13 and up who are adequately protected or who have a clinical contraindication to COVID-19 vaccination can gain admittance to certain locations and certain non-essential activities where the risk of transmission is high.
How the vaccine passport works
Wherever a vaccine passport is required, you need to show a QR code that contains your protection status as proof of vaccination against COVID-19. You can show proof in one of three ways:
Find out more about the vaccination passport.
Errors in your COVID-19 vaccination record
If you were vaccinated at the MUHC’s vaccination clinics at the Montreal General Hospital or Glen site, and are unable to download your proof of vaccination, your record probably needs to be corrected.
The following errors can be corrected:
- Contact information of person vaccinated (email, mobile phone number)
- Date of vaccination
- Date of birth
- Clinic location
You must bring the following documents:
- RAMQ health insurance card
- Paper proof given at the time of vaccination (vaccine, date received and lot number)
Where you need to go:
- Visit the Clic Santé Portal, selecting the service COVID-19 Vaccine – Troubleshooting to find the closest vaccination centre
- Montreal Children’s Hospital ground floor entrance
- Information desk on your right, beside the Parking office
- If driving, please park in the public parking lot which is free for two hours
Opening hours* for this service:
*Times may change at the last minute. Please check this schedule the day you plan to come.