Dancing with the Docs
Do you think doctors can dance? Find out by joining us on Saturday, February 4th, 2012, at 7:30 p.m. at Metropolis for the MUHC’s inaugural Dancing with the Docs fundraiser.
Join us and your MC for the evening, CTV entertainment host Mose Persico on Saturday, February 4th, 2012, at 7:30 p.m. at Metropolis as 10 MUHC doctors lay everything out on the dance floor while competing for your votes!
To buy tickets, visit muhcfoundation.com
Professionals from the Arthur Murray Dance Schools are practising their choreography with our doctors and will really heat things up with a few numbers of their own.
So You Think You Can Dance's Jean-Marc Généreux joins judges panel
The dancers will face a panel of celebrity judges, including ballroom dance champion Jean-Marc Généreux, perhaps best known as a choreographer on the U.S. competition reality show So You Think You Can Dance and as a judge on the Canadian version of the hit show. He will be joined by CTV News Anchor Mutsumi Takahashi, CJAD 800 morning man Andrew Carter, and international dance champion Meryem Pearson, before the audience has a chance to vote.
Here is a glimpse of who will be putting on their dancing shoes:
- Dr. Dara Charney – Director, McGill RUIS Addiction Program
- Dr. Frederic Dankoff – Site Director, Department of Emergency Medicine, Royal Victoria Hospital
- Dr. Sunil Garg – Cardiologist
- Dr. Nadia Giannetti – Medical Director, Heart Failure and Heart Transplant Centre
- Dr. Rayan Kaedbey – Hematologist-Oncologist
- Dr. Nadine Korah – General Pediatrics Fellow and Chief Resident
- Dr. Preetha Krishnamoorthy – Pediatric endocrinologist
- Dr. Dick Menzies – Director, Respiratory Division of Medicine
- Dr. Yoel Moyal – Emergency Department Physician
- Dr. Donatella Tampieri – Director of Diagnostic and Interventional Neuroradiology, Montreal Neurological Hospital and Institute
To see our Dancing Docs alongside their Arthur Murray dance partners, click here.
Don’t miss your chance to take part in this vintage Hollywood-themed evening complete with red carpet, a cocktail dinatoire, live band and of course, lots of dancing! There will be plenty of dancing going on,
Reserved tables are now sold out, but general admission tickets are still available for $125 each.
All proceeds from ticket sales will benefit The Best Care for Life Campaign of the McGill University Health Centre, and can be designated for any of the MUHC’s foundation partners.
For more information and to buy tickets online, visit muhcfoundation.com, write to community [dot] campaign [at] muhc [dot] mcgill [dot] ca or call 514 934-1934 ext. 23622
Le Groupe Charbonneau
Montreal Medical International Inc. (MMI)
ProDanse (Dancers’ Apparel)
St-Laurent Coiffure - Christina Stavropoulos (Dancers' Hair)
Jisele Cosmetiques Studio (Dancers' Makeup)
Supa Dance (Dancers' Shoes)