Preventive measures necessary for your safety and that of our staff will be respected.
Considering the new public health recommendations, wearing a mask is now mandatory at the Reproductive Centre.
Please also apply hand hygiene and safe distancing measures.
Infection prevention and control is everyone's business!
Patients experiencing COVID-19 symptoms are asked to call the clinic prior to presenting themselves to an appointment for individual assessment and recommendations.
Social distancing rules will apply in the waiting areas. To ensure everyone’s safety, please arrive on time for your clinic visit (no earlier than 15 minutes prior to your timed appointment).
No children, visitors, or accompanying individuals are permitted. You may be accompanied by a spouse or another adult on the day of your appointment ONLY if you:
- are an oncology patient;
- are coming for an egg collection;
- need help to get around;
- need someone to translate for you;
- must be accompanied as per our request.
If you are scheduled to come to the clinic for an appointment, a test, or a treatment, you will be called up to 24h prior to your appointment time.
- If you will be coming in person to the Clinic for your appointment, you will be screened during the call for COVID symptoms: fever, cough, sore throat, diarrhea, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, nasal congestion, and runny nose.
- If your appointment is by phone, your doctor will call you on the day of your appointment, unless otherwise specified.
On the day of the appointment (if in person) :
- You must call back the clinic if you have one or more of the COVID symptoms.
- When you arrive at the clinic, you will be asked again about COVID symptoms.
- If you answer yes to any of the questions, your physician or health care professional will be consulted to establish:
- If your appointment is maintained or should be postponed
- If you should be tested for COVID
For your safety and the safety of our patients and staff, we count on your honesty when responding to our screening questions. This allows our staff to make the necessary arrangements to ensure everyone’s safety.
If you have not been called or have concerns about your coming appointment, please call the clinic directly at 514 843-1650.
Please note that calls may appear as “Non-ID” or ‘Private Caller’. It is important that your phone is programmed to receive such calls in order to receive a call from the hospital.
On April 9, 2021, the Canadian Fertility & Andrology Society (CFAS) issued an updated statement on the Guiding Principles for the COVID-19 Vaccination in the Fertility Patient. Please click here to read the statement, including recommendations for individuals considering pregnancy and information on the timing of vaccination and possible side effects.
Following the recent government announcement of additional pandemic containment measures, we would like to assure you that, for now, activities will continue at the clinic. We learned a great deal from the first wave and have developed additional risk-reducing measures. These include telephone and in-person COVID-19 symptom-based screening, modification of our waiting areas, and increased sanitary measures. Click on the links below to read full safety measures in effect. We are committed to providing both you and our staff with a safe environment. Should you have any questions, please contact the Centre.