Frequently Asked Questions
All resumes are kept in strict confidence and are retained for a period of six months. Only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Yes. Nurses are able to transfer between different MUHC hospitals without loss of seniority or other benefits.
MUHC nurses can choose between permanent full-time and part-time positions, long-term replacement positions, availability status, 8- or 12-hour shifts and the possibility of self scheduling on the majority of units. Scheduling options may also include selecting day or evening shifts, day or night shifts and rotation or permanent shift work. These alternatives contribute to our nurses' and their families' quality of life.
At the MUHC, we support your efforts to acquire fluency in a second language. In addition to being immersed in a bilingual work environment where your development is encouraged, you will have access to English or French courses.
There are seven clinical missions at the MUHC, each offering different nursing specialties.
- The Montreal Children's Hospital
- Medicine (including Emergency Medicine)
- Neuro Sciences
- Mental Health
- Women's Health
- Cancer Care
At the MUHC you are recognized for your hard work, thanked for your contribution in providing excellent care and recognized simply for being a part of the MUHC family. The organization invests in a Corporate Recognition Program and you reap the benefits of these programs the moment you join the MUHC community. Here are some exclusive advantages:
- Corporate Discount Program: The MUHC has partnered with reputable companies and has negotiated discounts for us on a variety of products and services. New partners are added regularly.
- MUHC e-cards: It’s fun to send an e-card for birthdays, retirements, to congratulate someone or just to show appreciation! Choose from a selection of 22 e-cards available to all Lotus Notes users.
- On-the-Spot Recognition Program: A program designed to recognize individuals or teams who go that extra mile.
- Service Awards: You don’t have to wait 25 years to be recognized for your commitment and contribution to the MUHC. We are recognized after just one year of service!
- Social Events: Each MUHC site is represented by a Quality of Life at Work Committee. Each committee is responsible for putting together social activities throughout the year to promote enjoyment at work. We enjoy our site-specific events, such as Halloween parties, corn roasts, BBQs and Holiday Season parties. It’s true that we work hard but it’s also true that we have fun!