Caregiver access to the Camille-Lefebvre Pavilion during the COVID-19 Pandemic
The McGill University Health Centre recognizes and appreciates the positive impact caregivers have on the mental and physical health of their loved ones. We are therefore pleased to announce that as of May 11, 2020, subject to specific conditions, significant caregivers will be able to provide support to residents of the Camille-Lefebvre Pavilion (CLP) of the Lachine Hospital.
In order to ensure the protection of our residents and their caregivers as well as our staff, it is essential to take all necessary precautions to avoid the transmission of infections. We have therefore established recommended measures for access to the Camille-Lefebvre Pavilion during the COVID-19 pandemic. These include :
- Access to the CLP
- Preparing for the first visit
- Signing a consent form
- Compliance with infection control and movement instructions within the CLP
- Steps to follow when leaving
- Behaviours to adopt outside the CLP
These instructions must be respected. Please take the time to read the procedure and watch the accompanying videos. Our care teams will be there to assist you and answer your questions.
We look forward to welcoming caregivers into our home and seeing the benefits of their presence on our residents.
Director of Nursing, MUHC
- Recommended Measures for Access to Camille-Lefebvre Pavilion during the COVID-19 Pandemic (in French)
- APPENDIX 1: Grid for Self-Monitoring Symptoms (in French)
- Consent Form for Caregivers Supporting a Family Member in a homelike environment in the context of the COVID-19 Pandemic (in French)
- Video: Recommended measures for access - Dr. Charles Frenette