Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
For ear, nose, head, and neck conditions and related functions such as hearing, balance, and voice.
The Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery, has many related clinical functions in its range of activities, in addition to those that are listed in the Programs table:
- Thyroid Cancer Centre
- Endoscopic Skull Base Surgical Unit
- Centre for Voice and Swallowing
- Neurotology (including Vestibular Unit)
- Lateral Skull Base Surgery with Neuro-Surgery Department
- Rhinology and Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- Pediatric Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
This specialization has been referred to as Ear, Nose and Throat or ENT, offering treatment for ear, nose, head, and neck conditions and related functions such as hearing, balance, and voice.
Additional specializations provide a highly dedicated approach towards patient care, with activities that include:
- Auditory implantation devices
- Salivary gland dysfunction unit
The department’s centres of clinical excellence are associated with academic programs that involve clinical and basic teaching and research.
The Head and Neck Oncology team has also introduced patient education initiatives for those with Tracheostomies (video), and regularly engages the public on oral cancer (mp3) and the patient's post operative care utilities (video).