A Conversation with Global Leaders on Cancer Survivorship
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
8 - 10 p.m.
A candid and interactive evening with global cancer advocate Lance Armstrong, and a panel of special guests, including:
- Dr. Armen Aprikian, chief of the cancer mission of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC);
- Robert Busilacchi, executive director of the Rossy Cancer Network.
- Sarah Cook, pediatric cancer survivor and advocate;
- Rosalind Goodman, McGill's Rosalind & Morris Goodman Cancer Research Centre
- HRH Princess Dina Mired of Jordan, director general of the King Hussein Cancer Foundation;
- Gwen Andrews Nacos, director and founder of Cedars CanSupport;
- Dr. Craig Nichols, Lance Armstrong’s personal oncologist;
- Doug Ulman, president and CEO of the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LIVESTRONG). Emmy-award winning chief medical correspondent for CNN and associate chief of neurosurgery at Grady Memorial Hospital; and
Audience members will be invited to submit written questions to generate a panel discussion and Q&A session on survivorship and issues of importance to cancer patients.
Le Westin Montreal
270 St. Antoine West
(across the street from Palais des Congrès)
Montreal Ballroom (11th Floor)
Montreal QC H2Y 0A3
Premium ticket $350*
Special rate for World Cancer Congress Delegates $250
Tickets include reserved seating and a meet and greet cocktail and dessert following the event.
*Includes tax receipt for a portion of the ticket price.
A Fundraising Evening Benefiting
The Cedars Cancer Institute’s Best Care for Life Campaign in support of the McGill University Health Centre (MUHC), LIVESTRONG®, and World Cancer Declaration Fund of the UICC.
Buy online at cedars.ca
Buy onsite at the Cedars Cancer Institute exhibition booth in the Global Village of the World Cancer Congress (tickets available from August 27 to August 29 at 1:30 p.m.)
Call 514 934-1934 extension 71225
Write tanya [dot] bednarczyk [at] muhc [dot] mcgill [dot] ca