At the MUHC we take great pride in the exceptional health care we provide to our patients and their families. Whether you work on the hospital units, or behind the scenes in the kitchens or mailroom, your commitment and spirit make a profound difference.
As part of our exceptional paratechnical and auxiliary team, you will receive the training and tools necessary to succeed in a constantly changing environment. Many of our staff work at multiple hospital sites with the MUHC and in some instances hold multiple job titles. In this way, our employees can learn and grow at their own pace in order to achieve their goals and perform their best.
Explore the following links to learn more about a rewarding career as a member of our para-technical, auxiliary, or trades personnel at the MUHC.
Most employees are hired under an "availability" status. In order to obtain a permanent position, an employee must apply to an internal posting.
At the MUHC you are recognized for your hard work, thanked for your contribution in providing excellent care and even recognized simply for being a part of the MUHC family! The organization invests in a Corporate Recognition Program and you reap the benefits of these programs the moment you join the MUHC community. Here are some exclusive advantages:
- Corporate Discount Program: The MUHC has partnered with reputable companies and has negotiated discounts for us on a variety of products and services. New partners are added regularly.
- MUHC e-cards: It’s fun to send an e-card for birthdays, retirements, to congratulate someone or just to show appreciation! Choose from a selection of 22 e-cards available to all Lotus Notes users.
- On-the-Spot Recognition Program: A program designed to recognize individuals or teams who go that extra mile.
- Service Awards: You don’t have to wait 25 years to be recognized for your commitment and contribution to the MUHC. We are recognized after just one year of service!
- Social Events: Each MUHC site is represented by a Quality of Life at Work Committee. Each committee is responsible for putting together social activities throughout the year to promote enjoyment at work. We enjoy our site specific events, such as Halloween parties, corn roasts, BBQs and Holiday Season parties. It’s true that we work hard but it’s also true that we have fun!
Develop your career at the MUHC
Orientation and Integration Program
We provide an Orientation and Integration Program for new personnel, including a Welcoming Day and specific orientation in the employee’s unit with senior staff. Through this program, we are able to give our employees all the relevant information and tools they need to become familiar with the MUHC and comfortable in their position.
We offer various continuing education and professional development activities to our employees to help them enhance their knowledge and skills. In-house apprenticeship and skilled trades training programs include activities such as preceptorship workshops, leadership workshops, mentoring sessions, and training sessions in preparation for licensing exams. Various in-house training programs are also provided, and our employees can apply for support to attend external activities, such as conferences and courses, in their field of expertise.
Middle Management Succession Program
We operate a Middle Management Succession Program to recognize, train and retain our employees with significant management potential. This program is much appreciated and greatly facilitates the transition to a managerial position.