The Research Institute of the MUHC (RI-MUHC) is an international research powerhouse with a worldwide reputation in the field of biomedical sciences and health care. It supports over 600 researchers and over 1, 000 graduate and post-doctoral students and fellows.
Our scientists will have ultramodern facilities that will be the envy of their colleagues the world over. With the bulk of Research Institute activities moved to the Glen Site, researchers will be close to doctors and patients, which will promote collaboration; flexible work spaces are being created based on researchers’ needs; laboratories will have cutting-edge equipment and advanced medical computer systems to help researchers perform advanced analyses.
The RI-MUHC is an international research powerhouse with a worldwide reputation in the field of biomedical sciences and health care:
- First in Quebec; 4th overall in Canada in a ranking of Canada’s 40 top research hospitals based on research intensity (grants and contracts)*
- More than 600 researchers and over 1,000 graduate and post-doctoral students and fellows, two-thirds of whom will be based at the Glen
- 2,100 technical and administrative staff members
- 230 laboratories (fundamental and translational research)
- Over 1,700 publications per year
- Researchers attracted more than $150 million in external funding in the 2010-11 fiscal year
* Source: Research Infosource