Our health professionals
From the beginning of the design process for the New MUHC, we have paid particular attention to the needs of our care, support and administrative staff. At the end of the Redevelopment Project, our employees will be working in some of the most modern hospital facilities in North America—facilities that will make their jobs easier and improve the quality of care and services they deliver.
The reorganization of work space will optimize hospital activities; for example, nurses walk an average of 12 km/day to perform their tasks. With decentralized work stations, they will save both walking and working time, resulting in more availability to provide care and support to patients and their families.
This project will benefit our health care professionals and employees thanks to:
- Single patient rooms equipped with work spaces
- The latest in medical care and technology
- A design that encourages and facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration
- Services such as day cares, cafes, and other commercial space
- Gardens and terraces that reduce stress
The New MUHC will emphasize a work environment, new kinds of technology, and a vision of health care that will let all employees develop professionally while contributing to patient well-being.