For over ten years, the MUHC, the City of Montreal and the Quebec Ministry of Transport have been working together to create an accessibility plan for the Glen Site to adequately serve the hospital.
Direct access by all modes of transit:
- The Glen will be the only health centre in Quebec with two links that lead to an intermodal station (metro, 8 bus routes, 3 train lines)
- The site is located at the intersection of four major highways
- An underground visitors’ parking lot will have direct underground access to elevators in various pavilions of the complex
- Pedestrian links on all four sides of the site will provide access from any of the surrounding neighbourhoods
- The site will be outfitted with a bike path, bike racks and even showers
- Installation of an intersection at St. Jacques Street and a service entrance (in the works)
- Construction of an on-ramp from St. Jacques Street to Décarie Expressway North.
- Refitting of the De Maisonneuve and Décarie Boulevards intersection, including the deviation of Upper Lachine and opening up of De Maisonneuve to two-way traffic.
- Refitting of the St. Jacques Street and Décarie Boulevard intersection.
- Construction of an off-ramp from Décarie Expressway South to De Maisonneuve Boulevard (work completed).
- Creation of an emergency access point from Glen Road (work completed).
To get more information about the work on Decarie - De Maisonneuve, follow this link: