Health Professional Careers
It takes talented and skilled teams to make our hospitals run efficiently and effectively and to ensure that our patients receive the best possible care. At the MUHC we know and appreciate the importance of our health professionals and technicians.
We offer a wide range of clinical positions that will enable you to contribute to the continuum of quality care from infants to adults. We also offer specialties in both adult and pediatric areas with great potential for career growth.
Explore the following links to discover the difference that working for a dynamic healthcare institution can make in your career.
Most employees are hired under an "availability" status. In order to obtain a permanent position, an employee must apply to an internal posting.
At the MUHC you are recognized for your hard work, thanked for your contribution in providing excellent care and even recognized simply for being a part of the MUHC family! The organization invests in a Corporate Recognition Program and you reap the benefits of these programs the moment you join the MUHC community. Here are some exclusive advantages:
- Corporate Discount Program: The MUHC has partnered with reputable companies and has negotiated discounts for us on a variety of products and services. New partners are added regularly.
- MUHC e-cards: It’s fun to send an e-card for birthdays, retirements, to congratulate someone or just to show appreciation! Choose from a selection of 22 e-cards available to all Lotus Notes users.
- On-the-Spot Recognition Program: A program designed to recognize individuals or teams who go that extra mile.
- Service Awards: You don’t have to wait 25 years to be recognized for your commitment and contribution to the MUHC. We are recognized after just one year of service!
- Social Events: Each MUHC site is represented by a Quality of Life at Work Committee. Each committee is responsible for putting together social activities throughout the year to promote enjoyment at work. We enjoy our site specific events, such as Halloween parties, corn roasts, BBQs and Holiday Season parties. It’s true that we work hard but it’s also true that we have fun!
Develop your career at the MUHC
Orientation and Integration Program
We provide an Orientation and Integration Program for new personnel, including a Welcoming Day and specific orientation in the employee’s unit with senior staff. Through this program, we are able to give to our employees all the relevant information and tools they need to become familiar with the MUHC and comfortable in their position.
Middle Management Succession Program
We operate a Middle Management Succession Program to recognize, train and retain our employees with significant management potential. This program is much appreciated and greatly facilitates the transition to a managerial position.